1. Start in the position you would be to perform an NPC test, with a pen or your thumb for the patient to follow.
2. Tell the patient to follow the target you've selected all the way to their nose and tell you to stop if they feel dizzy, nauseous, anxious, have eye pain or a headache, or are seeing double.
3. Perform the test as normal.
1. The patient requests for you to stop the test due to symptoms.
2. The patient seems unable to stay focused on the target.
3. The patient has expressed some subtle symptoms even after the test has been completed.
4. The patient has participated in any of the other NVMI Screening tests.
All of these moments can warrant a conversation about BVD with your patient.